COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE/EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
Ameme Haileselassie Gebre
Chain of Love for Human and Environmental Development envisions where poverty has been eradicated and all people in Tigray Region enjoy livelihoods that respond to their current and future needs.
Chain of Love for Human and Environmental Development works professionally, effectively and transparently with the most vulnerable groups of the society, development partners and other primary stakeholders to create increased access to economic and social services, empower and build capacities of communities, and reduce vulnerability, so as to enhance food security and eradicate poverty in Tigray Region.
The general objective of the Association is improving the quality of peoples’ lives and livelihoods sustainably by promoting their active participation for self-reliance, food security and poverty alleviation.
- To improve the health and educational status of people in Tigray Region
- To promote socio-economic empowerment of vulnerable groups of the society-mainly women, youth, children, people with disability, and elderly
- To promote multiple use of water resources to enhance sustainable livelihoods of households
- To promote sustainable natural resource management and conservation of bio-diversity in Tigray Region.
OPERATIONAL ZONE/S WOREDA/S IN THE REGION (for current project):
Eastern Zone of Tigray, Weredas: Adigrat, Ganta-afeshum, Adigrat, Irob and Saesie Tsaeda-emba.
N. B. The operational area is whole region of Tigray
GOVERNMENT PARTNERS TO WORK WITH AT ALL LEVELS:
Bureau of Agriculture and Rural development, Bureau of Health, Bureau of Education, Bureau of water, mines and Energy, Bureau of labour and social affairs, Bureau of Women’s Affairs ,
MAJOR FOCUS AREAS OF/ THEMATIC INTERVENTIONS:
- Create improved access to education services
- Creating access to health care services
- Improving food Security and livelihoods, reducing vulnerability
- Development of water resources for multiple uses
- Environmental rehabilitation and management
- Conduct research for development
- Capacity building of stakeholders in respective programme areas
- Providing emergency relief and rehabilitation during natural disasters